About The Position
Want to be a game changer in the online world? Is integrity one of your most precious values? Then this role is for you!
We are looking for
Lawyer after internship and familiarity with the trademark field, with excellent ability to work in a team and independent work ability, ability to go down to details and original thinking.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Research and compile information pertaining to national and international intellectual property rights, particularly trademarks; Procedural matters and case law; Domain name and other Internet issues in the United States and internationally.
- Assist attorneys with full trademark searches by compiling trademark search results, and summarize into formats such as charts or spreadsheets.
- Prepare status summary reports on various client matters for attorneys and clients.
- Knowledge of legalizations and certifications for filing of international trademarks.
- Knowledge of USPTO, particularly pertaining to trademark portfolio and enforcement practice.
- Drafting and filing applications, statements of use, renewals, affidavits of use, office action responses and assignments, as well as notices of opposition and cancellation.
- Apply enforcement strategies in order to determine potentially infringing trademark uses and domain names.
- Knowledge of IP docket systems and ability to coordinate with Docketing team for recording of due dates for all trademark portfolio matters.
- Assist with preparing and filing UDRP and similar complaints to combat domain name infringement.
- Monitor social media sites for infringing uses of clients’ trademarks, and prepare takedown requests through social media platforms’ complaint mechanisms.
- Monitor ICANN developments and report relevant updates to team and clients
- Bachelor’s degree with solid academic credentials
- 5+ years’ experience as an IP paralegal preferred, including significant work on global trademark portfolio matters and some exposure to Internet matters such as domain names and social media.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with meticulous attention to detail, required
- Required to work at least 3 days a week in US time zone